Thursday, October 4, 2018

Resurrection: Freedom Fighter

Moving onward towards Financial Freedom!

I'm back!

I realized that this goal is not going to be easy.  It's the toughest one that I must pursue.  It's the only goal that counts.  It's the only goal that I must never give up on.  Besides, no goal worth fighting for is ever going to be easy.  

We may feel more accomplished and successful taking on easier goals in life but the danger to that is that we never grow and stretch our potential.  When we stick to our comfort zones, we limit our potential, we limit our growth.  Achieving and accomplishing something should not be the end goal - sticking to the process, continuous growth and learning should be the aim.  

When we learn to 
enjoy the process, 
when we focus on the process, 
the MONEY WILL COME.




I have resurrected my Forex Trading account with a capital of 1000 USD.  This time around I would like to trade the account professionally.  

My trading mantras: 

Trade like a professional Trader.  
Be patient.  Wait for the setup to show itself.
Trade the price action not your P&L.

The US Dollar is breaking into new 52-week highs.  Looks like this will be the theme for the rest of the year with the FED hiking rates and the US equities market making new highs as well.  

Since coming back, I've made only 6 trades.  4 out of 6 are winning trades!  One trade was an execution error which I quickly closed to break even.  So I still encounter some mental lapses from time to time.  I think it happened because I suddenly felt the rush to enter the trade and I was already sleepy from staying up late.

This week's trades were:

Long S&P500
Short AUD/USD
Short NZD/USD

Losing trades:
Long S&P500 (cut point level was too low, I got whipped)
Long NZD/USD (execution error)

I've managed to increase my portfolio by 2% in 1 week.
The goal as a start for this month would only be to break even!  

As a last note,  I came across this quote from Jeff Cooper, successful trader and best selling author of the Hit and Run Trading series,  

photo by: Milan Popovic @ Unsplash

The single most 
IMPORTANT TRADING WEAPON
you possess LIES NOT in ANY COURSE or BOOK
but WITHIN YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment