Monday, October 29, 2018

INVESTACUP 2018 - End of October Progress

Progress:


216th place after 1 month.

Most of that trading gain came from trading ISM and IRC.

I sold IRC before it was suspended.  Initially, there was a sell off during the first hour after the suspension was lifted.  This was brief and the bulls brought the price back up and even closed really strong for the week.  No regrets as I sold at NET gains.  This could still be in play next week just based on the price action.

I tried to sell part of ISM before it got suspended but fortunately my asking price wasn't hit.  The stock rallied upto 20% after the suspension was lifted a few days later.  UDENNA Corporation used ISM to take the company public through a backdoor listing.  This stock however closed quite weak with the prices dropping below its previous high of 3.60.  Strong potential but I'd rather wait a few days and see how this will unfold before considering it again.

INVESTACUP 2018 - is the virtual stock trading competition hosted by Investagrams.com


"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a HABIT." - Will Durant

Next goal is to maintain being in the positive and hopefully enter the Top 100.

I once advised a friend who started out so well with a 9.0% gain just at the first week of Investacup.  I told him to just sell and hold on to his gains since he said that he would start working again and wouldn't be able to monitor his portfolio.  If he had done just that, he would still be in the Top 70s now.

A lot of traders over trade, including me.  A lot of traders lose money because they don't know how to square a trade when it goes against them.  I would like to work on these mistakes and include these in my process.  80% of our gains come from  just 20% of our trades.  A professional trader's hit ratio is normally below 50%.  That means that traders enter losing trades more often than winning ones.  If we cannot control how we lose, then we end up destroying our capital.   

"I am a PROFESSIONAL TRADER.  I am a RISK MANAGER.  I protect my CAPITAL by squaring (breakeven) trades.   I let my winners run and never let them turn into losing trades.  I aim for NET gains."     

1 comment:

  1. Did you realize there's a 12 word sentence you can speak to your partner... that will induce deep emotions of love and instinctual attractiveness to you deep inside his heart?

    Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, please and look after you with all his heart...

    ====> 12 Words That Fuel A Man's Desire Instinct

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will drive him to work better than ever before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

    As a matter of fact, fueling this dominant impulse is so essential to having the best possible relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll immediately notice him open his mind and soul to you in a way he never experienced before and he'll identify you as the one and only woman in the world who has ever truly tempted him.

    ReplyDelete